Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy 28th Birthday, Alex Turner!


   Mastermind behind all those amazing Arctic Monkeys lyrics, Alex Turner is turning 28 today! Aww, darling, you're getting old. I kid, I kid. 

  In honor of one of, arguably, one of today's greatest lyricists and singers turning 28, I am listing my top 28 favorite Arctic Monkeys songs. They're not in any particular order and I tried to hit their entire discography, including singles and EPs and B-Sides but I only had 28 slots and they have so many songs...*sigh* Anyway, I did my best. Check out the list below, accompanied with youtube videos of each song, and enjoy. :) 



1. Pretty Visitors- Humbug
     

2. No. 1 Party Anthem- AM


3. Dangerous Animals- Humbug


4. You're So Dark- One for the Road Single


5. Perhaps Vampire is a Bit Strong But...- Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not


6. Love is a Laserquest- Suck It and See



7. Black Treacle- Suck It and See


8. R U Mine?- AM (was also a single before this)


9. Brianstorm- Favourite Worst Nightmare 


10. Cornerstone- Humbug



11. 505- Favourite Worst Nightmare


12. Stop the World I Wanna Get Off With You- Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? Single


13. Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?- AM


14. 2013- Do I Wanna Know? Single




15. The Afternoon's Hat- My Propeller EP


16. Catapult- Cornerstone EP



17. This House is a Circus- Favourite Worst Nightmare


18. Dancing Shoes- Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not



19. Nettles- Teddy Picker EP


20. Dance Little Liar- Humbug



21. Arabella- AM



22. Hellcat Spangled Shalalala- Suck It and See



23. If You Found This It's Probably Too Late- Brianstorm EP



24. Despair in the Departure Lounge- Who the F*** Are the Arctic Moneys?



25. The Bakery- Fluorescent Adolescent EP


26. From the Ritz to the Rubble- Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not


27. Fireside- AM



28. The Jeweller's Hands- Humbug






No comments:

Post a Comment