Saturday, January 4, 2014

My Favorite Bring the Horizon Tracks

   



    You probably already know this but Bring Me the Horizon will be embarking on their North American headlining tour, The American Dream Tour, this February. It will be their first headlining tour of North America since 2011. Now, I am quite excited about it and decided to give you a list (with videos when possible) of my top six (I hate odd numbers) Bring Me the Horizon songs.

Enjoy!




1. Alligator Blood- As soon as I heard the opening chords of this song, I knew it was going to be my favorite BMTH song of all time. There's just something about Sykes' voice on this track that sets it apart from the rest of the album (not that There is a Hell... wasn't a great record overall).

2. Hospital for Souls- Sempiternal is a phenomenal record and this song is just the icing on the cake. Sykes' becomes so vulnerable on this track and, overall, the musicianship is incredible. The band definitely took a chance with this song and it paid off.


3. Diamonds Aren't Forever- this was the song I woke up to for about six months and I don't hate it. Incredible. Anyway, we're talking about quintessential, raw BMTH here and I would be remiss if I didn't include it.


4. And the Snakes Start to Sing- Another track off Sempiternal, this track is another one that showcases Sykes' vocal range. The band is also taking off in another direction, with this track, bringing more creativity to the metal scene than fans have heard in years.


5. Don't Go- honestly, this track is so raw and emotional and full of vulnerability that, even though it's a departure from the usual intense screaming, this song has to be on this list. Watching Sykes perform this is a thing of beauty. He puts his entire being into this song.


6. Antivist- this is just a fun but powerful track that incites rebellion and anarchy...I love it. Nothing much needs to be said about this song except that I play it on repeat when I'm at the gym. 



Check out the tour dates at: Bring Me the Horizon Tour Dates and get to one of the shows. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment