Thursday, January 2, 2014

Ronnie Radke and Craig Mabbitt On Tour...Together?



  Alright, my mind has been completely boggled by this and, with the tour about to start and Ronnie Radke posting instagram pics about it (Ronnie's Tweet/Photo ) I kind of had to share my two cents. 

   Craig Mabbitt and Ronnie Radke have had a feud going on for what seems like forever. I mean, I thought of them as the Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth of our generation. The whole thing just fit. Ronnie Radke was kicked out of Escape the Fate and was replaced by Craig Mabbitt and the next thing you know the two of them are at each other's throats constantly. For years the battle raged on and reached a rather ugly head when Ronnie formed his new band, Falling in Reverse, and basically called Escape the Fate out on their "backstabbing". I was prepared to watch the entertainment go on forever.

  And, yet, it's not.



  A few days before Halloween, AP Magazine released this video featuring the one time enemies talking about reconciling and then going on tour with each other (AP Video featuring Radke and Mabbitt ). I'm pretty sure, if the comments are anything to go by, people were a wee bit shocked. The reactions are mixed- some are happy the two have reconciled and others are just a little pissed off and wondering if any of this is genuine. 

   The interview itself seems awkward and put on, but maybe it's because neither act is really used to camera interviews and TV spots. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that, yeah, the reconciliation is genuine but, my other concern are the fans. 

    Ronnie and Craig have never been shy about their feelings towards one another and neither have the other members of Escape the Fate. Their comments only sparked the "hate" within the fans who took on their idols' feud as their own, making shirts declaring where their loyalties were and calling out any fans who disagreed with them (I've seen it first hand on a number of occasions and let me tell you, fifteen year-old boys with green hair screaming at other fifteen year-olds is a bit intimidating and will put you off your tea). This reconciliation must have come out of left field for them and I wonder if they can put their feelings aside as easily as the two singers did. 

  I don't care either way. I like Escape the Fate and I still enjoy their music when I'm working out (though, I will admit, my fave sing along record is still their debut album, Dying is Your Latest Fashion, the only ETF album to feature Radke on vocals) but they're not a band I would go rushing to see. And Falling in Reverse is alright, their newest album sounding a little like a cheap version of Linkin Park but, again, worthy of a workout mix. They've never been bands that I've been obsessed with. But, for the fans who have been tugged back and forth by these bands, I'm sure it's starting to get a little annoying.

   Where do your loyalties lie? Whose side should you be on? 

  Honestly, my only advice is this: enjoy the music for what it is, try not to get too embroiled in the drama, and for the love of all that is good and holy in this world, do not start fights over who is the better front man. I saw that go down at a Bullet for My Valentine show where Escape was supporting and it was bad. So bad. Like fistfight in the pit during "The Flood" bad.

  So, if you have tickets, have a good time. If not, there are probably some tickets left. Enjoy the show and, if you don't know what I'm talking about but want to know what they sound like, check out both Escape the Fate's and Falling in Reverse's videos below. 


  Escape the Fate- "The Flood"

 Falling in Reverse- "Alone"



No comments:

Post a Comment