Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Quiet Time Music


    There are just those days when you need a little bit of quiet but you don't want to give up your music. Right? Yet, all of that heavier stuff like Motionless in White or even Social Distortion isn't really going to do it for you. That's why I, in the midst of trying to read the insane amounts of reading I have to have done for tomorrow, made a playlist for all of you to use when you just want to zone out a bit, grab a book, or just daydream. Savvy? Sweet. 

 As always, the playlist is on my lovely 8Tracks account (which is one of my fave sites, btw). Head on over there to check it out (hint, click the link under "there" and you'll be taken, well, there). Below is the track listing just to make sure you like it. 

1. Is There Somebody Who Can Watch Over You?- The 1975
    My favorite song by The 1975, this song showcases a level of vulnerability that Healy doesn't otherwise reveal to the listener. 

2. Old Friends- Daniel Pearson
    He's one of my favorite, up and coming English singer/songwriters which is funny because he has a definite American, blue-collar music (Springsteen) vibe to him.

3. Atmosphere- Joy Division
    I don't need to explain this one, do I?

4. Moonlight Mile- The Rolling Stones
   Again, it's another British band that has a very, southern American vibe to it, particularly in this track. And, God, I hope all of you know who the Stones are. 

5. As the World Falls Down- David Bowie
    This song was featured in the epic, 80s, glittertastic movie Labyrinth and I have been deeming it my wedding song since I saw that movie. Anyway, this is one of my favorite Bowie songs of all time so I thought I would share. 

6. Holocene- Bon Iver
    The first Bon Iver song I ever heard, Holocene is still my favorite track of his. 

7. Skinny Love- Birdy
    Birdy takes a Bon Iver song and somehow makes it even more beautiful and haunting. 

8. Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl- Broken Social Scene
   I'm just in love with this song. It kind of has an Imogene Heap thing going for it but...anyway, it's a great track that I'm in love with.

9. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room- John Mayer
    There are a few occasions when I will listen to John Mayer, this is one of them.

10. Think of You- Carney
       Carney is one of those bands that marries blues with jazz and rock and a bit of pop. This song's soulful and soft quality really adds a dream-like feel to their one and only album, Mr. Green Vol. 1. The entire album is worth a listen but this song is just...magical? Yeah, go with that.

11. Like Lavender- Horse Feathers
   Very folky, almost coffee house like vibe that reminds me of artisan towns. 

12. Untitled- Silverchair
      Probably the hardest track on this mix, "Untitled" still retains an almost sleepy quality brought about by Daniel Johns' voice. Besides, any chance I can get to reinforce the amazingness that is Silverchair is a chance I will take. Listen and reach enlightenment, people. 


Again, you can check out the playlist here as well as see all my other mixes on my profile here. Enjoy the quiet time, lovelies.


No comments:

Post a Comment