Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Oh, Louis Tomlinson...


   Oh, Louis Tomlinson, you are quickly becoming my favorite person ever. 

   Alright, so the lovely Doncaster native and oldest member of One Direction, Louis Tomlinson, threw what appeared to be orange juice or orange Powerade or Gatorade or something at fans in the crowd at the band's most recent show and, apparently, this has made the precious, oversensitive One Direction fans LOSE. THEIR. MINDS. 

  Tumblr is literally going crazy with pro-Louis and anti-Louis factions creating a mini world war in the blue realm. 

 I decided to put my two sense in. Why? Because my house has turned into a Sauna from Hell and I can't sleep and also because I think it's time that you little Directioners learned some hard truths. 

 Getting water or Gatorade thrown at you by a singer is NOT the worst that can happen. He probably thought he was being playful. Also, have any of you ever been to a festival or concert of any kind? I used to annually go to Warped Tour and let me tell you, the amount of stuff that was thrown at me was a little ridiculous. I'm talking bottles filled with urine, beer in cheap plastic cups so that the scent haunted me for weeks after, cups of ice cream, and even full, unopened bottles of Gatorade. 

  At least Louis was nice enough to open the bottle. 

   The whole water/juice throwing tradition has been passed down from artist to artist and, instead of complaining, you should just laugh it up, chalk it up to another amazing concert experience, and move on. I mean, I'm pretty sure I've had a full sixteen ounces of beer poured on my head by a singer who shall not be named (it was a metal band, I was underage, some got in my mouth but I'm not sure if that counts as underage drinking). 

  Also, doesn't Harry gargle his water and spit it out like he's the bloody Trevi Fountain ? 

  Double standard much, darlings? 

  Let's not also forget all the good the blue-eyed peanut from Yorkshire does. He supports multiple charities, supports his friends' charities, and is an all around decent kid. 

  So, Directioners, please, take a breath, get off the internet for a while and EXPERIENCE LIFE. It gets messy, yes, but sometime in the future you are going to hold that Powerade stained tee and remember being close enough to Louis Tomlinson that you were within firing range of his drink. 



No comments:

Post a Comment