Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Warped Tour Patrons, Get Scared!



Hey, my lovely Warped Tour Patrons (of which, I am not one; there is this thing called a sun allergy and it makes standing in the hot sun a bit of a problem), if you're going to catch one band this summer on that lovely tour, then it should be Get Scared.

Hear me out.

I first saw these guys back in 2011 when they opened up for Escape the Fate on their Gorgeous Nightmare tour. They, and Motionless in White, kind of took my attention away from the headlining act. They shredded harder and the singer, Nicholas Matthews, was a beast. He was like Gerard Way mixed with Bert McCracken. I was in love.

Of course, the band went through line up changes, temporarily losing Matthews (it's a dark time; I don't think about it), but Matthews is back and Get Scared is back to their shredding and screaming ways. The band's latest release, Everyone's Out to Get Me, which just so happened to make my fave albums of 2013 list, is creative and full of dark themes punctuated with Matthew's distinct high vocals.

Their live sets are always full of uncontrolled energy, practically visual and audio anarchy, so I would definitely suggest seeing them. They embody everything I remember about Warped Tour- freedom of expression, creative musicianship, passionate singers, loyal fans- and are bound to keep you moving, even after a long, hot, sweaty day in the sun.


"Told Ya So"- Get Scared! 

No comments:

Post a Comment